Monday, September 28, 2009

Why this blog

Last month I started a blog on my Childhood Memories and decided I should also do one that covers my ancestors. After all they are more than just a leaf on my tree.

Right now is not really a good time for me to spend time writing on either of my blogs as the fall is always a busy busy time for me. However, I thought I should at least start. All I have to do is figure out which one of my many branches I want to start with. The names attached to my tree are many, no different than anyone else.

I will start with listing the main lines than I descend.
From my father's side
Lallance
Roush
Nease
Circle/Zircle
Woodruff
Cotterill
Hughes
Hayhurst
Gotschall
Stahl/Stall
Shilling
Angel/Engel
Knouff
Turner
Stevenson
Bradfield
Ellzey
Thomasin
Stone

From my mother's side
Aleshire
Phelps
Rainey/Aaron
Pierce
Braley
Romine
Anderson
Walters
Cleland
Glover
Cutright
Searles/Searls
Dailey/Daily
Winget/Wingert
Day
Clutter
Carpenter
Graham

Those are my main lines and luckily for me they all came to Meigs Co., Ohio and for the most part all stayed. Hopefully I haven't left any of them out.

From where did they come? Mainly Germany and England; a couple lines from Scotland and Ireland and one line from France.

No comments:

Post a Comment